Saturday, July 11, 2009

It's Not About A Salary, It's All About Reality


"It's not about a salary; It's all about reality."

That's one of my favorite quotes from THE Teacher, KRS-ONE. Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone.

I stumbled across a blog posting that reminded me of KRS and got me thinking...

How many Black male teachers have I had? And to tell you the truth, I could only think of 3. One was a librarian I had in grammar school, one was my drafting teacher in high school, and the third was a gym teacher in high school. Pretty sad if you really think about it -- over 18 years of school and I had 3.

Read this blog posting and tell me how many Black male teachers you've had.

And here is an article from the Washington Post about the lack of Black male teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment