Thursday, August 27, 2009

Can you stay hot forever?

At what point do you retire? Can a legend remain on top forever?

At some point, we have to admit that our skills have diminished. It took Mike a little time to figure this out. AI is sitting at home waiting for someone to call him and offer him a job. For athletes, it is clear when they should move on.

Does this happen to the mailman? To the president of Boeing? To teachers?

Do singers experience the same diminishing skills? Will Beyonce's voice disappear? I guess Whitney Houston's voice is gone, but I'm putting that on her suspected extracurricular activities. I'm still waiting for Rakim Allah's album to drop. But is my waiting futile? I have already been disappointed by Nas and Common. The latest track by Jay is HOT, but it is very clear to me that he was easily outdone by Kanye...And I love Hova! Not that Jay didn't bring it, he was just outdone. Whose gonna run this town tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment