Thursday, August 27, 2009

Would you take Typing?

I hate typewriters.

I remember back in high school -- that's a long time ago even though I don't want to admit it -- I told my counselor that I wanted to take Typing. In class, we had 3 electric typewriters and the rest were manual ones that you had to really "punch" the keys. I was never really good at typing, especially b/c it took me forever to get to the class and I was always stuck with a manual typewriter.

Computer typing, now that's something I can deal with. You got a backspace key, you can play with the cursor and move it around, insert things, highlight, cut and paste.

Several teachers and I were having a conversation about learning to type. How did you learn to type? Do you think Harper should offer a Typing class? Do you think typing is a valuable skill?

Here is an interesting article on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment